large oval dining table seats 8 – The care and maintenance of any property is vital to getting the most out of it. When the care is lacking or inadequate, the durability or value of such an item begins depreciating. Taking care of your dining room table is not any different-to make it endure for a long period of time, it is your decision.
Dining tables come in different styles, designs and materials, and maintaining them in top shape requires an understanding of their makeup. It’s thus logical to anticipate that cleaning a marble dining table, for instance, will differ from cleaning a glass table.
The reply to this question will determine how to begin maintaining your table at a good condition. I am sure you spent quite a sum of money into getting a quality table, and you definitely need to keep it looking new always. This article will talk about how to look after dining tables under three headings: wood, glass, and marble.
Wooden Dining room Table Care
- Keep your dining room table from direct sunlight. This will avoid the oil end of your table from evaporating and leaving a lack luster surface. Be sure to also keep it from heating or air conditioning outlets.
- Keep your table shielded from heat, spills and scratches by using table pads, table cloths or placemats. Do not place hot items directly on the table.
- Regularly dust your table with a slightly damp or soft dry cloth. Clean up liquid spills immediately to prevent your table from soaking up them.
- Do not drag your tables to keep the integrity of their joints. A feather duster can also be used but be cautious about leaving scratches on your own table.
- Use trusted industrial cleansers or national water+ vinegar cleansers to maintain your glass run free
- Do not drag cutlery or put other sharp items in your glass table
- Marble Dining Room Table Care
- Use a high quality sealer to seal your marble table if necessary. At least, seal once a year.
- Protect the surface during foods with table pads, place mats, and table cloths. Wipe spills off immediately to avoid staining and dulling of the end of your marble dining table.
These are a few hints on taking the best care of your main dining room furniture. I recommend that you follow these suggestions carefully and with care so as to receive the best results from them. After all, we all need our furniture to look at their best! It’s the most important thing for every housewife and we ought to be sure to respect that even if it’s not our “duty” to keep them clean!